The Urgent Visa to Visit Canada
By: Tiasha Chatterjee
Foreigners who must visit Canada on a crisis basis are granted an Urgent Canadian Visa (eVisa for urgent). If you live outside of Canada and need to visit Canada for a crisis or urgent reason, such as the death of a family member or cherished one, coming to court for legal reasons, or your family member or a cherished one is suffering from a real illness, you can apply for an urgent Canada visa.
Unlike other visas such as the Canadian Tourist Visa, Canadian Business Visa, and Canadian Medical Visa, an Urgent Visa to Canada or Urgent Canadian eTA application requires significantly less preparation time. If you need to travel to Canada for purposes like sightseeing, seeing a friend, or attending a complicated relationship, you would not be eligible for a Canadian crisis visa since such situations are not considered urgent situations. As a result, you will need to apply for a variety of visas. One of the characteristics of the critical or urgent Canadian e-visa application is that it is processed even on weekends for people who need to go to Canada for urgent or unforeseen circumstances.
For an instant and urgent requirement, an Urgent Visa for Canada can be requested at Canada Visa Online. This might be a death in the family, a sickness in oneself or a close relative, or a court appearance. For your urgent eVisa to visit Canada, an urgent processing charge must be paid which is not required in the case of tourists, Business, Medical, Conference, and Medical Attendant Canadian Visas. You may receive an Urgent Canadian Visa Online (eTA Canada) in as little as 24 hours and as much as 72 hours with this service. This is appropriate if you are short on time or have scheduled a last-minute trip to Canada and want a Canadian visa right away.
Visiting Canada has never been easier since the Government of Canada has introduced the simplified and streamlined process of obtaining electronic travel authorisation or Canada Visa Online. Canada Visa Online is an electronic travel authorization or travel permit to visit Canada for a period of time less than 6 months. International visitors must have a Canadian eTA to be able to enter Canada and explore this amazing country. Foreign citizens can apply for an Canada Visa Application in a matter of minutes. Canada Visa Application process is automated, simple, and completely online.
The Canadian government has made it easier for most countries to apply for an electronic Canadian visa (eVisa Canada) by filling out an online Canadian Visa Application Form for tourism, business, medical treatment, and conferences.
Certain Urgent Visa for Canada applications necessitates an in-person visit to the Canadian Embassy. When you need to go to Canada for tourism, business, or medical reasons, you cannot wait for a long time for your Canadian visa to be issued. Our staff will work on weekends, holidays, and after hours to guarantee that people in need of an Urgent Canadian Visa may get one in the quickest period feasible.
This might take as little as 18 to 24 hours or as long as 48 hours. The precise timing depends on the number of such cases on hand at any particular time of year, as well as the availability of Urgent Canadian Visa processing professionals to help inbound visitors to Canada. A fast track crew that works around the clock can process Urgent Canadian visas.
From charming fishing villages in the east to atmospheric mountain towns in the west, the small towns are dotted in the drama and beauty of the Canadian landscape. Learn more at Must Visit Small Towns in Canada.
What is the Urgent Canadian eVisa Processing Consideration Cases?
You may need to contact your Canadian eVisa Help Desk if you need an Urgent Canadian Visa. Our management must approve it internally. To use this service, you may be charged an extra price. In the event of the death of a close relative, you may be compelled to visit the Canadian embassy to apply for an Urgent Visa.
It is your obligation to fill out the application form completely and accurately. Only Canadian National Holidays prevent Urgent Canada Visas from being processed. You should not submit numerous applications at the same time, as one of them may be rejected as redundant.
If you want to apply for an urgent visa at a local Canadian embassy, you must arrive by 2 p.m. local time in most embassies. After you have paid, you will be requested to give a face photograph and a passport scan copy or a photo from your phone.
If you apply for a Canadian Visa Online (eVisa Canada) for Urgent / Fast Track processing via our website https://www.canada-visa-online.org, you will be sent an Urgent Canadian Visa by email, and you may carry a PDF soft copy or hard copy to the airport instantly. All Canadian Visa Authorized Ports of Entry accept Urgent Canadian Visas.
Before making your request, make sure you have all of the necessary papers for the visa type you want. Please keep in mind that making misleading remarks regarding the necessity for an urgent appointment might jeopardise your case's credibility during the visa interview.
The following cases will be considered to approve the Urgent eVisa to visit Canada -
Urgent Medical Care
The purpose of travel is to acquire urgent medical treatment or to follow a relative or employer to receive urgent medical treatment.
Documentation required -
- A letter from your doctor detailing your medical condition and why you are seeking treatment in the country.
- A letter from a Canadian physician or hospital saying that they are willing to treat the case and offering an estimate of the treatment costs.
- Evidence of how you intend to pay for the therapy.
Family member's illness or injury
The purpose of the trip is to care for a close relative (mother, father, brother, sister, kid, grandparent, or grandchild) who has been extremely ill or been injured in Canada.
Documentation required -
- A doctor's or hospital's letter verifying and explaining the disease or damage.
- Evidence that indicates the individual who is unwell or injured is a close relative.
For funeral or Death
The purpose of the trip is to attend the burial of or make preparations for the repatriation of the body of a close relative in Canada (mother, father, brother, sister, kid, grandparent, or grandchild).
Documentation required -
- A letter from the funeral director with the contact information, the deceased's details, and the funeral date.
- You must also show proof that the deceased was a close relative.
The goal of the trip is to attend to a business concern that could not be expected ahead of time. Most business travel reasons are not seen as an urgent. Please explain why you were unable to make travel arrangements in advance.
Documentation required -
- A letter from the appropriate firm in Canada and a letter from any company in your country of residence attesting to the importance of the scheduled visit, detailing the nature of the business and the potential loss if an urgent appointment is not available.
- Evidence of a three-month or shorter essential training programme in Canada, including letters from both your current employer and the Canadian organisation offering the training. Both letters should provide a clear description of the training and a justification for why the Canadian or your current firm will lose a considerable amount of money if an urgent appointment is not available.
Students or Exchange Temporary workers or students
The goal of travel is to go back to Canada in time to attend school or restart a job. During their intended stays in the country, we expect students and temporary employees to make every effort to arrange frequent checkups. However, the Embassy will consider urgent appointments for these sorts of travel in restricted circumstances.
International visitors traveling to Canada need to carry proper documentation in order to be able to enter the country. Canada exempts certain foreign nationals from carrying a proper travel Visa when visiting the country via air through commercial or chartered flights. Learn more at Types of Visa or eTA for Canada.
When does a situation become urgent enough to be eligible for the Urgent eVisa to visit Canada?
Applications for evidence of citizenship, searches of Canadian citizens' citizenship records, resumptions, and applications for citizenship are all accelerated if the following papers demonstrate the requirement for urgency -
- The office of the Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship has made a request.
- The applicants are unable to get a passport in their current nationality due to death or significant sickness in their family (which includes the Canadian passport).
- Because they are not a Canadian citizen, paragraph 5 (1) grant applicant 1095 days of physical presence in Canada fears of losing their job or job prospects.
- The applicants are Canadian citizens who fear losing their jobs or opportunities because they do not have a certificate proving their Canadian citizenship.
- An applicant for citizenship has a successful appeal to the Federal Court after an application is delayed owing to an administrative mistake.
- The applicant is in a circumstance where delaying the citizenship application will be detrimental to them (for instance, the need to renounce foreign citizenship by a certain date).
- A citizenship certificate is required to get certain benefits such as a pension, a social security number, or health care.
Explore some intriguing facts about Canada and get introduced to a whole new side of this country. Not just a cold western nation, but Canada is much more culturally and naturally diverse which truly makes it one of the favourite places to travel. Learn more at Interesting Facts About Canada
What are the advantages of using the urgent eVisa to visit Canada?
The advantages of using Canada Visa Online (eVisa Canada) for Urgent Canadian Visa include totally paperless processing, the elimination of the need to visit a Canadian Embassy, validity for both air and sea routes, payment in over 133 currencies, and application processing around the clock. You are not required to have your passport page stamped or to visit any Canadian government agency.
When the application is completed properly, needed reports are supplied, and the whole application is completed, the Urgent Canadian e-visa is issued in 1 to 3 working days. If you require an Urgent visa, you may have to pay a greater charge if you choose this accommodation. Tourist, Medical, Business, Conference, and Medical Attendant visa seekers can use this Urgent Processing or Fast Track Visa Service.
What are the things to keep in mind when applying for an Urgent visa in Canada?
In comparison to other visas, obtaining an Urgent visa approval is more difficult because it is based on an endorsement. In clinical and death instances, you will be required to produce the authorities a copy of the medical clinic's letter to prove the ailment or death. If you do not comply, your application for an Urgent Visa to Canada will be denied.
Assume complete responsibility for providing accurate details such as your phone number, email address, and social media accounts for any communication requiring more information.
On national holidays, the Urgent Canadian Visa application is not processed.
If a candidate has more than one genuine identity, a visa that has been harmed, an expired or significant visa, an effectively provided visa that is still considerable, or several visas, their application might take up to four days for the government to decide. The application submitted on this official website will be decided by the Government of Canada.
Certain foreign nationals are allowed by Canada to visit the country without having to go through the lengthy process of applying for the Canadian Visa. Instead, these foreign nationals can travel to the country by applying for the Canada Electronic Travel Authorization or Canada eTA Learn more at Canada eTA Requirements.
What is the required documentation to apply for an Urgent eVisa to Canada?
You must now provide duplicates of records proving your loved one's death or condition, which have already been cited. An inspected duplicate of your passport with two clean pages and a 6 month validity. Check the Canadian Visa Passport Requirements and the Canadian Visa Photo Requirements for a current shaded photograph of yourself with a white background to ensure clarity.
Who is eligible to apply for the Urgent eVisa to visit Canada?
The following types of applicants are eligible to apply for an Urgent eVisa visa to Canada:
- Foreign nationals with minor children who have at least one Canadian citizen as a parent.
- Canadian citizens married to foreign nationalities.
- Single foreign individuals with small children who have a Canadian passport.
- Students who are foreign nationals with at least one Canadian citizen as a parent.
- Official or service passport-holding service workers accredited to foreign diplomatic missions, consular offices, or accredited international organizations in Canada.
- Foreign citizens of Canadian descent who seek to visit Canada due to a family urgent, such as urgent medical problems or death among immediate family members. For this reason, a person of Canadian origin is defined as someone who has or has a Canadian passport, or whose parents are or were citizens of Canada before.
- Foreign citizens trapped in close neighboring countries that wish to get to their destination through Canada; foreign nationals travelling to Canada for medical treatment (including one attendant if so requested).
- Business, Employment, and Journalist are the other categories that are permitted. However, such candidates need to acquire particular prior approval by sending the appropriate papers.
Important - Applicants are advised to delay booking tickets until they have received the Urgent visa. the fact that you have a travel ticket will not be considered an urgent, and you may lose money as a result.
What are the requirements and the process to apply for the Urgent eVisa to visit Canada?
- Fill out the electronic Visa Application Form at our website. (Please use the latest version of the browser which supports a secured site). Please keep a record of your Tracking ID in case you need it to finish your visa application. Save the pdf file and print your completed application.
- Sign the application form in the relevant areas on the first and second pages.
- To be put on the visa application form, one recent colour passport size (2inch x 2inch) photograph with a plain white backdrop displaying a full frontal face.
- Address evidence - Canadian driver's license, gas, electricity, or landline telephone bill with applicant's address, and house lease agreement
In addition to the above, persons of Canadian origin seeking a visa for a medical urgent, or the death of an immediate family member must submit a previously held Canadian passport; the most recent doctor certificate/hospital paper/death certificate of the sick or deceased family member in Canada; copy of Canadian passport / ID proof of patient (to establish a relationship); if grandparents, please provide an ID of patient and parents passports to establish the relationship.
In the case of a minor child, the applicant must also submit the following documents - birth certificate with both parents' names; consent form signed by both parents; Canadian passport copies of both parents or Canadian passport of one parent; marriage certificate of parents (if spouse name is not mentioned on a Canadian passport); and Canadian passport copies of both parents.
In the event of a self-administered medical visa, the applicant must also provide a letter from a Canadian doctor advising treatment in Canada, as well as an acceptance letter from a Canadian hospital specifying the patient's name, details, and passport number.
In the event of a medical attendant, a letter from the hospital declaring the need for one, together with the attendant's name, information, passport number, and the patient's relationship to the attendant. a copy of the patient's passport.
Starting September 7th, 2021 the Government of Canada has eased border measures for fully vaccinated foreign travellers. International flights carrying passengers will be permitted to land at five additional Canadian airports. Learn about Covid-19: Canada eases travel restrictions for fully vaccinated travellers
What is some additional Urgent eVisa for Canada related information that you must know?
Please keep in mind the following points -
- Visas are often issued based on a passport or identity certificate.
- The passport must be valid for at least 190 days.
- Due to the COVID 19 situation, the Consulate may only issue visas that are valid for 3 months and commence from the day of issue. As a result, candidates are recommended to apply for a visa closer to their trip to Canada.
- Without assigning any reasons, the Consulate General of Canada maintains the right to postpone, amend the term, or reject visas. Visas are given following a series of checks and certifications. Acceptance of a visa application does not imply that the visa will be granted.
- Former Canadian passport holders must provide their current passport, together with a Surrender Certificate, or their relinquished Canadian passport. If the applicant plans to stay in the country beyond the 3-month visa validity period, he or she should relinquish his or her passport in their current country of residence, if not previously done.
- Even if a visa is denied or an application is withdrawn, fees already paid will not be returned.
- An applicant would be required to pay a certain sum of money in addition to the statutory price as a Consular Surcharge.
- Please review the Frequently Asked Questions for information about travelling to Canada under the COVID-19 scenario, available on our website.
- Travelling to Canada does not need a vaccination. Persons travelling in the country from or travelling through Yellow Fever-affected areas, however, must have a valid Yellow Fever vaccination certificate.
- Because visas are issued and attached to passports, passports must be presented together with the application form.
- Visas on Urgent Grounds are usually processed the same day at the Consulate, assuming all the necessary documentation is in place.
What is the Urgent Canada ETA?
The Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) was launched by the Canadian government in 2018. Because applicants do not need to attend an embassy or consulate to finish the application, getting an online eTA for Canada is easier than acquiring a traditional visa.
The whole application procedure takes place online. Applicants must simply fill out an online eTA application and pay a fee with a credit or debit card. It simply takes a few minutes to complete the procedure.
All eTA-eligible nationalities (see list below) who enter Canada by flight require an eTA. Some persons (such as US citizens) can enter Canada with merely their passports by crossing the US border. Other nations are not eligible for the eTA and must apply for a visa through an embassy or consulate.
What are the countries that are eligible for the Urgent Canada ETA?
The following countries are eligible for the Canada ETA which is valid for up to 5 years and you can stay up to 6 months during each visit.
Papua New Guinea
United Arab Emirates
How to apply for the rush process for the Urgent Canadian eTA?
Applicants who want to utilize the fast-track Canada eTA service must follow the same steps as those who want to use the conventional option. The only difference is that while paying the eTA costs, the applicant must choose Urgent assured processing in less than 1 hour.
It is crucial to note, however, that processing timeframes for some nationalities may take more than one hour.
The application is done in three easy steps -
- Fill out the eTA application form online and submit it.
- Choose the expedited option and pay the eTA costs.
- You will receive your eTA via email after it has been authorized.
When applying using the standard service, travellers must fulfil the same Canada eTA requirements for their nation of origin. Name, nationality, and employment are all required on the application form for an urgent eTA. Passport information is also required.
Each detail must be performed perfectly. Any spelling errors or incorrect passport information may result in the urgent eTA being refused, causing travel plans to be delayed.
From the grand Laurentian Mountains to the majestic Canadian Rockies, Canada is a place that is packed with magnificent ski resorts. Learn about The Top Ten Ski Resorts in Canada
Check your eligibility for eTA Canada Visa and apply for eTA Canada Visa 72 hours in advance of your flight. British citizens, Italian citizens, Spanish citizens, French citizens, Israeli citizens, South Korean citizens, Portuguese citizens, and Chilean citizens can apply online for eTA Canada Visa. Should you need any help or require any clarifications you should contact our helpdesk for support and guidance.